What's on your mind?
- Be nice and treat people with respect. Keep discussions civil and be open-minded about differing opinions.
- Threads and posts that solicit upvotes will be deleted.
- Off-topic conversations will be deleted.
- Impersonation of other users or famous people will not be tolerated. If you have been banned and return on a new account, your posts will be deleted and your new account(s) will be banned.
- Spamming, trolling, or vandalizing of any kind will be deleted and will lead to your account being banned.
- Ask for help. Notice something that doesn't seem right? Or do you just have a question? Contact Fandom staff through "Give feedback" on your app's Settings screen, or via http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contact.
Here you can ask questions and answers related to Android and Android Services and products.
This is the place to talk about your favorite topic, to share news, theories, ideas, and to connect with others. The content from your Forum has been converted to Discussions posts, so nothing has been lost.
To learn more about what you can do here, check out community.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Discussions
If you're an admin on this community, read more about how you can customize your Discussions and set up guidelines for contributors: community.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Admin_and_Moderator_Tools_in_Discussions
How can i recover a bricked device using adb sideload? I have no other adb connection since I can boot only into recovery. I think writing my backup to system partition would suffice.
I have backups of system.img, data.img and cache.img. How can I write these to the device using adb sideload? Do I have to create custom zip files with custom install-optional.sh and the partition backup image? What should be in the script?
Where can I get a useful boot.img for arm v7? (it's a Denver - Onda tablet). Do I need one? Can it be extracted from the TAQ_10133onepartition.img for the whole flash (I assume thats what the image is, since I bricked it by writeing it to /dev/block/nandd, i.e. system partition). Theoretically I need only to write my backup to system. I also executed wipe data and cahce by executing factory reset. (I do have backups)
Once I can boot the device properly I intend to flash the factory image using the recomended tool. But for the moment I have only 'adb sideload'
Hello. I am Greatedits, the resident admin here. By now, you will have noticed that we have undergone a redesign. I tried to stick to the principles of material design, as expressed through Google’s material design guidelines. However, right now I have only changed color and made buttons flatter. I really want to know what you think of the color change and if you have any suggestions from other improvements. Thank You!
Somehow, I completely messed up the board system and made the General Discussion and Fun and Games boards dissappear, even though you can still get to them by searching (I think). However, if you want to get to my wiki adoption post, it is here: Thread:2609. For now, we will use the Off-Topic and General board instead, as they are available on the main Fourm page. Thanks.
My username is Greatedits, and I have adopted this wiki. I am (so far) a loyal user of Android, but I really like Technology, so I decided to adopt. I want to improve the main pages, such as the Android History and Google Pages, as well as re-theme the site. (I might need some help with that.) This community will eventually be awesome, and I hope to be a good part of that. This is Voonex's photo, but oh, well...