Android 2.1 Eclair was a version of Android, released in January 2010. Its predecessor was Android 2.0 Eclair and its successor was Android 2.2 Froyo. It was released with the Nexus One, the first Nexus phone.
New Features and Changes Edit
- Minor changes to the API
- Bug fixes
- Pull tab lock screen
- Live Wallpapers, which allowed home screen backgrounds to be animated
- Full-screen app drawer
- Revamp of clock, gallery, and music apps
- Addition of News and Weather and Google Voice
- Addition of Speech-to-text on the keyboard
- More in the Android Market than ever!
- Addition of Pinch-to-Zoom
- ↑ "Android Code Analysis". Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- ↑ "Licenses". Android Open Source Project. Open Handset Alliance. Retrieved September 9, 2012. "The preferred license for the Android Open Source Project is the Apache Software License, 2.0. ... Why Apache Software License? ... For userspace (that is, non-kernel) software, we do in fact prefer ASL2.0 (and similar licenses like BSD, MIT, etc.) over other licenses such as LGPL. Android is about freedom and choice. The purpose of Android is promote openness in the mobile world, but we don't believe it's possible to predict or dictate all the uses to which people will want to put our software. So, while we encourage everyone to make devices that are open and modifiable, we don't believe it is our place to force them to do so. Using LGPL libraries would often force them to do so."
- ↑ "Android 2.1 Platform." Android Developers. Web. As of 12 December 2014. http://developer.android.com/about/versions/android-2.1.html.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Amadeo, Ron. "The history of Android." Ars Technica. Published on 15 June 2014. Page 12-13. Web. As of 12 December 2014. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/06/building-android-a-40000-word-history-of-googles-mobile-os/.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 "Android, A visual history." The Verge. Published on 7 December 2011. Web. As of 13 December 2014. http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/7/2585779/android-history.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.