About Android P Edit
Android Pie is the ninth major version of the Android operating system. It was first announced by Google on March 7, 2018, and the first developer preview was released on the same day. The second preview, considered beta quality, was released on May 8, 2018. The third preview, called Beta 2, was released on June 6, 2018. The fourth preview, called Beta 3, was released on July 2, 2018. The final beta of Android P was released on July 25, 2018.
- New user interface for the quick settings menu.
- The clock has moved to the left of the notification bar.
- Battery saver no longer shows an orange overlay on the notification and status bar.
- A "screenshot" button has been added to the power options.
- A new "Lockdown" mode which disables biometric authentication once activated.
- Rounded corners across the graphical user interface.
- New transitions for switching between apps, or activities within apps.
- Richer messaging notifications, where a full conversation can be had within a notification, full scale images, and smart replies akin to Google's new app, Reply.
- Support for display cutouts.
- Redesigned volume slider.
- Battery percentage now shown in Always-On Display.
- Lock screen security changes include the possible return of an improved NFC Unlock.
- Experimental features (which are currently hidden within a menu called Feature Flags) such as a redesigned About Phone page in settings, and automatic Bluetooth enabling while driving.
- DNS over TLS.
- HEIF support.
- A new gesture-based system interface, similar to the one found on the iPhone X and other devices.
- Redesigned, horizontal multitask app switcher with Google search bar and app drawer built in.
- A "Digital Wellbeing" feature which discourages excessive usage of your phone.
- Placing the phone face down will mute notifications but allow emergencies to come through.
- An Adaptive Battery feature that maximizes battery power by prioritizing the apps you're most likely to use next.
- Improved Adaptive Brightness feature which modifies screen brightness based on your own personal preferences.
- Always-On Display now hides notification.
- New Back Button Icon in navigation bar.
- Manual theme selection.
- Rotation Lock button indicates in navigation bar.
- Keyboard Switcher button shown in navigation bar when the keyboard is activated.